Love food nearly as much as you love each other? Celebrate with a totally unique festival-style foodie wedding at the beautiful Higher Hacknell farm near Exmoor in rural North Devon – and serve your guests fabulous award-winning food grown on the farm itself and prepared by expert chefs.
For the first time this summer Higher Hacknell, in partnership with Blue Fizz Events, can be exclusively yours for a totally ‘home-grown’ wedding. You and your guests will fall in love with this wonderfully authentic, rustic-chic location, and a combined team from this working organic farm plus Blue Fizz Events will help you throw a wonderfully laid-back, food-focused wedding with a fabulous festival vibe.
- Discuss weddings at Higher Hacknell by contacting Blue Fizz Events on 07845 147563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Foodie weddings at Higher Hacknell Organic Farm
This 350 acre traditional organic farm is nestled in a beautiful secluded spot just 13 miles from Barnstaple in North Devon, and embraces wildlife and conservation. Its landscape of ponds, fields, woodlands, hay meadows and hedgerows are a refuge for rare birds and wild flowers, and provide gorgeous photographic opportunities for wedding parties. In this idyllic setting the farm produces award-winning home grown vegetables, cider, beef and lamb.
Couples who choose Higher Hacknell Farm as their wedding venue will hold their celebrations in the lakeside 5 acre Wedding Field, which overlooks beautiful North Devon countryside, woodland and ponds.
It’s just the perfect wedding location for DIY couples dreaming of creating their own glamping village – and if you wish you can complete it with pop-up bars, vintage campervans, firepits, event flags, yurts and bell tents.
Add a Blue Fizz helping hand
If Higher Hacknell sounds like your perfect wedding venue, we at Blue Fizz Events can help you build your perfect wedding day. Drawing on our vast experience of planning numerous weddings throughout the West Country, we offer expert help, advice and recommendations – from sourcing caterers, music and entertainment, to offering styling, props and lighting. After an initial onsite visit to Higher Hacknell and consultation, we’ll guide you through the whole process of putting your foodie festival wedding together, and be available 24/7 to hand- and hanky-hold! Our service is bespoke and designed to fit your individual requirements.
Find our more about our traditional marquee hire www.bluefizztentsandevents.co.uk
The Practicalities & Prices
The following will be available for weddings at Higher Hacknell Farm:
- Stunning 5 acre field – exclusively yours
- Blue Fizz traditional style marquee including coir matting, Moghul style window wall, cream linings, internal and external lighting
- On-site parking and camping field
- Rustic chic table décor styling from Blue Fizz Events. Selection includes glass hurricane lamps/mismatched glass bottles, wooden tree trunk mats, cream jugs , upcycled glass tea light holders, table frame numbers, seating plan frame and easel, chalk board
4 day Farm and Blue Fizz Traditional Marquee Hire
- 40 x 60ft £5,250 (to accommodate up to 150 guests)
- 40 x 40ft £4,950 (to accommodate up to 90 guests)
Make it extra special
Not included, but available as extra – Blue Fizz can arrange any or all of the following:
- Add an organic farm feast – full details below
- Add a Pop Up Hotel – “Luxe Farm Glamping ” with Canvas & Coast. Retire for the night into beautiful boho bell tents for the ultimate festival wedding experience for from £75 per tent (based on a 2 night stay).
- Add beautiful farm handmade feasting tables seating 8-10, rustic benches seating 8-10
- Add rustic wedding signage
- Add a generator, luxury loos and catering tent
- Add a homegrown cider bar
- Add a Pop Up Bar … “Build a Bar” with Flute & Copa. Treat your guests to a quirky horsebox or rustic bar set up. Choose your own bespoke drinks package – the Gin & Prosecco Bar is at your service!
- Add straw bales
Feasts from the Farm
Higher Hacknell Farm is nationally acclaimed for its organic food, winning a clutch of awards in the past 35 years including ‘Overall Winner’ at the Organic Food Awards for its Devon organic beef sirloin, and achieving the highest possible accolade for its lamb – 3 stars at the Great Taste Awards. With home grown organic vegetables, cider, honey as well as the very best local produce on its doorstep, Higher Hacknell has all the ingredients for the ultimate wedding feast.
The farm’s in-house catering offers a range of menus – but are also very happy to discuss your ideas with you. Here are just a few possibilities:
For larger weddings 100-150: barbecues with homemade sausages and steak burgers as large as you like! Merguez sausages and lamb koftas are a farm speciality. Higher Hacknell also offers hog roasts or asado grilled meats, all accompanied by seasonal salads of tomatoes, roasted courgettes, leaf salad and mixed coloured beets. Simple cold starters include crudité, hummus, guacamole and rustic breads. Puddings include roulades, berry pavlovas, brownies and local cheeseboard.
For 50-75 guests: fabulous roasted meat joints including beef sirloin, rib, rump and topside, or lamb leg, shoulder or loin, accompanied by dauphinoise or new potatoes with seasonal vegetables, all grown on the farm. For informal dining they offer big pot meals of lamb, chicken or vegetable curries with rice and naan, or beef and pork casseroles with potatoes or rice. To start there is the option of chicken liver pate, local crab mousse or smoked salmon and cold meat platters. Cold puddings as above, or fruit crumble with Devon clotted cream.
Just say ‘I do’ …
Whilst Higher Hacknell doesn’t have a wedding licence, there are beautiful opportunities for a blessing around the natural ponds and woodland. A wedding blessing can be arranged via one of our recommended celebrants.
Contact Blue Fizz to talk through your ideas: email@example.com 07845 147563
Image credits – Thank you Jennifer Jane Photography